Friday, March 23, 2012

Stopping by to loot on a dark Indian evening...







Stopping by to loot on a dark Indian evening... 

(Ps: This was written when Anna's movement was on. This has nothing to do with  some people  taking advantage of the movement  and furthering their  political ambition and forming political party like AAP)  


Whose food and treasure these are I think I know.

The “Aam admi’s” house is in the distant village though;

The blind bats will not see me looting here

To fill my belly and take home more.



 My corrupt soul doesn’t think it’s queer

To steal without leaving a morsel near

Between the infirm in the woods and the cold-hungry man beside the frozen lake

Dear, these are indeed,  the darkest evenings of India!

 


Why doesn’t the resolve to thug the innocent shake

And ask: should  I commit this mistake.

The only other sound's the sweep

Of the uneasy wind and the “Vishesh admi” about to wake. 



The loots are lovely, dark, and inside my pocket deep,

But I have promises to keep,

Loot, plunder and get thrashed before I sleep,

Loot, plunder and get thrashed before I sleep...
  













































































No comments: